Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Made it to Branson

Well we drove all day and got to Branson at very close to 6pm today. Linda's Mom and sister had a very nice dinner waiting for us so that sure was a nice way to end the day.
We are now checked into the Motel and it seems to be quite adequate for our needs. The internet signal is not strong, but working fine or else you would not be reading this.
Today we had 74 degree temps after we got past St. Louis. This pm there was a fairly heavy rain storm that went through the area and there must have been quite strong storms northwest of here from what we see on TV.
Plan for tomorrow is to tour Branson and relax from the full day drive. This place seems to have gone very heavy with the tourist trap type places and apparently growing very fast from all the activity. Nancy has promised to let me go to a fish hatchery, if I allow her to go to several shopping places.
I just called up my McHenry outside/back yard camera connected to my Sling, to see that all was working ok. We could hear what sounded like several coyotes howling from out in the swamp area. Could not see them in the dark as the camera ir light only extends a few feet. Was a little chilling to hear the coyotes like that. Sorry I do not have a way to share the experience with you readers.

1 comment:

  1. While you're traveling between Branson and Little Rock, you'll be passing near some of my favorite trout fishing waters. Wish I was there!

    Enjoy your trip. We'll be following along.

    Jim and Jan

    ReplyDelete